Salisbury Hospice Midnight Walk 2010

Now that I have been back at work for 6 days and back in the swing of things, my thoughts have turned to something I signed upto before my holiday.

On 5 June 2010 I am taking part in the Salisbury Hospice Midnight walk, which is 13.1 miles leaving from the Five Rivers Leisure Centre at Midnight. The hook, the thing that convinced me to sign up, was the promise of free bacon butties on arrival back there once the walk is complete!

So, although I am back to cycling and have indeed cycled to and from work every day this week, and although I can obviously take myself out for walk in the evenings, I know I would be more motivated to becoming accustomed to walking 13 miles in one stretch if I had a training partner.

So, if you, or someone you know is also doing the walk or is already a walker who could give me some company once a week or so over an increasing distance between now and June please let me know and I will look forward to the first walk. (I would also like to do some longer bike rides with someone else, so any offers?)

No comments:

Post a Comment