Gilbanica (the National pudding)

Just the one photo from today - the perfect pudding I think. (Its about 4" in all dimensions and actually not as rich as it looks, but does take a good 10 minutes to enjoy).

My guidebook describes it as "layer after layer of poppy seeds, walnuts, apples, raisins and cottage cheese fillings separated by flaky dough, with a biscuit and honey base" A national speciality and who am I to disagree?

An otherwise uneventful day spent exploring the city, writing postcards, sitting in the sun wading my way through the above. I'm off to dinner now and off to Lake Bled in the morning where I am hoping to find a bit more life - Ljubljana is very quiet at the moment and although that is nice in some respects I would like there to be a few more people about - eating in empty restaurants is never appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment